Total staying period for foreigners with visa and visa exemption is 90 days within the last 180 days and those who want to stay longer can obtain residence permit for touristic purposes up to 6 months without discrimination of countries.
Therefore foreign tourists can stay in our country for up to 9 months without going abroad if they obtain 6 months’ residence permit after staying with visa and visa exemption for 3 months. Those who has stayed for 9 months in Turkey may exit from Turkey and enter again 1 day later to stay 90 more days. This practice put into effect in 2012 does not limit the tourists in terms of the period to stay during the whole year. It has supporting, facilitating and regulating qualities.
• Residence Proclamation Form
• Copy of the identity card of the employer
• 4 passport photos
• The original of the passport
• Copy of the passport (Page with the photo, page which indicates the last entrance, page which indicates the validity period)
• Bank account letter of 500 USD or change receipt for every month
• Notary certified rental contract if the foreigner lives in a rented house
• Commitment letter of the Turkish citizen from notary if she/he is staying with a Turkish citizen