INSURANCE PREMIUM OF FOREIGNERS
Insurance coverage of foreign employer independent worker and company partners as per the law numbered 5510
Those who work independently at their own charges without depending on an employer and whose board is out of the context of Social Security Institutions are considered to have Bağ-Kur insurance by law and the power vested in by the lzaw.
They are considered to have insurance as per (b) subparagraph of 1st paragraph of 4th article of the law numbered 5510.
Who are considered 4/b
1. Those who work independently at their own charges without depending on an employer with a work contract is out of the context of Social Security Institutions founded by law and the power vested in by the law.
2. Those, who are income taxpayer in simple or real entry due to income from self-employment or commercial earning, among craftsmen and artisans, and others working independently, and those exempt from income tax among those registered in due form to the professional institutions founded by the law along with artisan and craftsman registry,
3. Partners of collective companies,
4. Active and limited partners of commandite companies,
5. Partners of limited companies
6. Active partners of commandite companies capital of which is divided into shares,
7. Partners of associations of ship owners,
8. Co-founders and partners who are members of executive board of incorporated companies
9. Foreign nationals who are not Turkish citizens due to their commercial activities in Turkey following 04.10.2000
10. Since if those elected for mayoralty when his/her activities continue stated in “Those Considered to Have Insurance” titled part of the 24th article of the law keep their activities going after they were elected for mayoralty, they cannot be contacted by the State Retirement Fund of Republic of Turkey
Are considered to have 4/b insurance
In the implementation of short term and long term insurance provisions of this law in the 6th article of the law numbered 5510, it is stated in the e subparagraph: “Persons who are sent to Turkey for business on the name of any institution by that institution founded in a foreign country and prove that they have social insurance in foreign country and those, who are residing abroad and subject to social security regulations of that country, among those who work on their own account……… are not considered to have insurance as per 4thand 5th articles.”
As per Social Insurances and General Health Insurance Law numbered 5510, those who work independently on their own account, and reside abroad and are subject to social security regulations of that country are not considered to have insurance.
1- Those who have worked independently in Turkey, however was previously paying premium to the social security institutions of his/her country of citizenship and keeps paying, got retired from these institutions will not have compulsory insurance within 4/b article of the law numbered 5510 if they submit the letter indicating that they receive salary or rota (translated by the local consulates or certified translation offices) indicating that they receive retirement salary or they paid and keep paying premium to the social security institutions of their country of citizenship with work permit.
2- Those who do not have a work subject to social security institution or are not retired from these institutions or do not have a social security institution in his/her country and have independent work in Turkey will have compulsory insurance within 4/b article of the law numbered 5510.
3- For those who have independent work in Turkey and do not provide evidence for their situation, registration will be made without making an extra research.
Turkey has signed contracts with 22 countries for social security
1- Albania 2- Austria 3- Azerbaijan 4- Belgium 5- Bosnia-Herzegovina 6- Canada 7- Czech Republic 8- Denmark 9- England 10- France 11- Georgia 12- Germany 13- Holland 14- Kebek 15- Linya 16- Luxembourg 17- Macedonia 18- Norway 19- Romania 20- Switzerland 21- Sweden 22- Turkish Republi of Northern Cyprus