Long Term Residence Permit

Long Term Residence Permit for the Foreigners Having At Least 8 Years Uninterrupted

  •  Residence Permit Application Form (must be signed by the foreigner and/or his/her legal representative)
  • Residence Permit
  •  Passport or original and photocopy of passport substitute document valid at least for 6 months

(Photocopies of the pages containing identity information and the page containing photo and processed pages are taken. The photocopies of processed pages of all passports used in entering and leaving Turkey during last 8 years must also be submitted.)

  •  Four (4) pcs photos (must have been taken within the last 6 months, against a white background and biometric. Do not upload family, selfie, unrecognizable, non up-to-date or black and white photos into the system, otherwise residence permit document shall not be issued!)

 Photocopies of previous residence permit documents (Submission of originals, if any)

 Original of e-signed/signed and stamped/sealed document which shows that no social support

is received during the last three years(Can be obtained from Social Help And Solidarity Foundation of Governorates/District Governorates)

 Approved and e-signed/signed document which states that financial capacity is to be provided sufficiently and regularly throughout the stay Criminal records can be obtained from foreigner’s country authorities and Turkish judicial authorities. (Criminal records to be obtained from Turkish authorities are considered as sufficient for the foreigners who submit a document which states that criminal records in foreigner’s country can not be issued because foreigner did not enter or leave his/her owncountry)

(It would be better for you if you apply for this document at least 3 months before your application against the possibility of long waiting times to obtain this document)

 Document which shows that the foreigner is registered in Address registration System (esigned/signed and stamped/sealed document to be obtained from provincial/district registry offices)

 Valid health insurance (Insurance period must cover the intended residence permit duration. Oneof the following document is considered as sufficient):

  • E-signed/signed and stamped/sealed document to be obtained from provincial social security units which states that the foreigner is benefiting from the health services in Turkey within the scope of bilateral social security agreements
  • E-signed/signed and stamped/sealed provision document received from Social Security
  • Institution (Provision documents to be received from Social Security Institution must be in such a manner that they must be both supportive and cover family members.)
  • E-signed/signed and stamped/sealed document of the application made to the Social Security Institution to become a general health insurance holder
  • Private health insurance of at least 1 year coverage period (The policy must have the expression of “This policy covers the minimum coverage stipulated in the circular no 9, dated 06/06/2014, on private health insurance required to be taken out for residence permit applications.”. Please present e-signed/signed and stamped/sealed original of your insurance policy during application! For extension applications, attach only approved (sealed, signed) copy of your policy into your application file.)


Valid health insurance is not required from the students if they request since they are covered by the general health insurance within three months from the date of admission, however they are required to inform to directorate within three months after taking out a general health insurance.

If you are staying in a rental house with a rental agreement, you must attach a notary public approved copy of your rental agreement to the application documents.

If you are staying at the places like hotel, motel you must attach the documents showing your stay in these places to the application documents.

If the foreigner is going to stay in a 3rd person’s residence (other than relatives), notary public undertaking of the host (and notary public undertaking of the spouse if the host is married) is required.

Lodging for employing purposes, house care services are considered as unpermitted working, and administrative pecuniary penalties are applied both to foreigner and employer and deportation processes are initiated for the foreigner with all travel and other expenses payable by the employer.

If mother and father cannot be determined from passports or passport substitute documents or national identity cards, a birth certificate is requested for children. Approved parental consent declaration is requested in case of absence of either mother or father (in case of death other spouse must present death certificate). Approved guardianship document for the child is required in case of divorce. If these documents have obtained from Turkish Authorities they must be e-signed/signed and stamped/sealed; if obtained from foreign countries, they must apostilled and have notary public certified translations. If the applicant is a citizen of a state that is not a signatory to Apostille Convention, said documents must be approved by the relevant state’s authorities (consulate approval and by Ministry of Foreign Affairs or Competent Turkish Authorities authorized therefor).

If the foreigner is under eighteen years old; an undertaking to be granted by real and legal persons in Turkey is required provided that such undertaking is specified in the letter of parental consent to be given by his/her mother and father been in abroad or by legal representative.

Marriage certificate or approved photocopy of the document (pages containing information, first 3 pages in general) which evidences marriage is required. If obtained from Turkish authorities (can be obtained also from Provincial/District Registry Offices) they must be signed and sealed, if obtained from abroad, they must be Apostilled and have notary public approved Turkish translation. If the applicant is a citizen of a state that is not a signatory to Apostille Convention, said document must be approved by the relevant state’s authorities (consulate approval and by Ministry of Foreign Affairs or Competent Turkish Authorities authorized therefor).

For transfer applications, original of previous residence permit is presented and its photocopy isattached to application documents


Mesajınızı yazınız Mesaj